Getting a refund
We're sorry to hear that the subscription didn't live up to your expectations. If you'd be comfortable sharing why, it would mean a lot to our team of 5! Please email us at [email protected].
You can get a refund for the app, but unfortunately only Apple issues refunds (when you purchase an app, you buy it from Apple, not the developer. Apple gives developers a portion of the revenue they earn from the developer's apps).
Getting a refund from Apple is pretty simple. Here's how:
- Launch iTunes on either your Mac or PC.
- Click on your name at the top and in the dropdown select Account Info.
- Type in your password when prompted in order to proceed.
- Click on See All under your Purchase History.
- Click on the arrow next to the purchase batch that contains the purchase you'd like a refund for.
- Click on Report a Problem next to the single purchase you'd like a refund for, unless there is only one, then you may use the large Report a Problem button.
- You will be routed to Apple's website. Just follow the steps after signing in and request the Refund option and explain why.
You should also cancel the renewal of your subscription from your account management page. Here’s how:
- Launch the Settings app on your iPad or iPhone.
- Tap on iTunes and App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID at the top.
- Choose View Apple ID from the popup menu.
- Enter your password if/when prompted and press OK.
- Tap on Manage under Subscriptions.
- Tap on the name of the subscription (Hopscotch).
- Turn the Auto-Renewal option to Off. (If this is not an option, you've already cancelled it)
PS: Starting a free trial and subscription requires your iTunes password and consent; if you do not want a child to be able to make in-app purchases, check out Apple's suggestions for implementing parental controls: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204396.